Ruth’s Chris Potatoes au Gratin Copycat has got to be the creamiest, dreamiest, cheesiest potatoes ever – and they’re easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons butter plus additional to butter casserole dish
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream; add a little more if it doesn’t cover potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 5 medium) russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick (thickness of standard food processor slicing disc)
- 3 cups finely shredded cheese: 2 cups Cheddar (8 ounces), and 3/4’s cup (3 ounces) of either Fontina or Provolone along with 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan, mixed together
- about 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter, and sauté the onion over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, stock, and cream and bring to a good (not a boil) simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the potatoes are nearly tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 to 20 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste. Gently stir.
- GET FULL RECIPE>>https://frugalhausfrau.com/2018/11/08/ruths-chris-potatoes-au-gratin-copycat/