This Easy Cream Cheese Danish Pastry is to die for.
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese at room temp.
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Optional: assorted jams and preserves or pie filling (raspberry, cherry, strawberry, apricot, blueberry, lemon, etc)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp softened butter
|Easy Breakfast Cheese Danish
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into rectangles of dough using two triangle.
- Pinch closed the diagonal cut to form one solid sheet of dough. Sprinkle light with sugar.
- Slice crescent roll dough into 1 inch x 8 inch slices.
- Gently lift dough slice and twist opposite ends in opposing directions into a loose rope.
- Spiral the rope around itself to form a loose circle/spiral.
- Place onto a cookie sheet lined with a baking paper, spacing danishes about 2 inch apart.
- Press the centers with a finger to make a well for the filling and stretch the sides a bit if it is necessary.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Add a tablespoon of filling to each roll.
- Lightly brush dough with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes. or until lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar, milk and butter.
- You can use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the danish,
- or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy “piping bag.”
- Take the danish out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before icing.
- Voila! Cream cheese danish without leaving the house or breaking a sweat.