Keto/Low Carb Cauliflower & Chicken Au Gratin Casserole with Bacon
- 3 teaspoons sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or white pepper (which is lovely); see Recipe Notes
- 1/2 bunch green onions greens only, chopped small for garnish
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 packages cauliflower rice: frozen, 24 ounces (or use your own fresh cauliflower rice)
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds chicken leftover or already cooked, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream preferably raw, ideally not ultra-pasteurized (for GAPS: Use half coconut cream and half fully cultured sour cream, 1 cup of each)
- 8 ounces brie or cream cheese, cut into 1″ cubes (for GAPS: Use brie)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese or other aged cheese
- 1 package bacon about 8 ounces, cooked then crumbled, save the fat for roasting the cauliflower
- 1/4 cup gelatin see discount code! and link in Recipe Notes
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat rendered from cooking the bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 3 tablespoons rendered bacon fat, 1 head of chopped cauliflower and 24 ounces cauliflower rice in roasting pan or casserole dish. Add 2 teaspoons sea salt and toss to coat. Roast cauliflower in preheated oven 30 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, make cheese sauce in blender: Heat cream in small saucepan until hot; but do not simmer. Remove from heat.
- Source Blog>>https://eatbeautiful.net/2018/09/14/cauliflower-chicken-au-gratin-casserole-bacon-keto-low-carb/