This easy Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is a wonderful addition to all your summer parties! A lovely vanilla cake that is bursting with orange flavor and topped with a fluffy orange and vanilla frosting that no one will be able to resist!
- 15.25 oz boxed vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla almondmilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 3.4 oz orange JELLO
- 1 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 15 oz can of mandarin oranges (do not drain)
- 3.5 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip
|Orange Creamsicle Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting vanilla almondmilk for the water and adding the orange zest. (Your exact measurements may vary slightly depending on the brand of cake mix you use.)
- Bake using package directions. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for approximately 10 minutes.
- Use a skewer to poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Place orange JELLO mix in a heat proof bowl and slowly add boiling water. Whisk until the JELLO has completely dissolved.
- Stir in fresh orange juice.
- Carefully and slowly pour JELLO mixture over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Mandarin Orange Frosting
- Beat mandarins and pudding mix together until combined.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream until incorporated.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.