Looking for the most amazing chocolate cake? You just found one! This chocolate cake is simply the best – layerd with dark chocolate cream, soft and yummy!
For the chocolate cake:
- 4 large eggs
- 300 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400 ml. sour cream
- 125 ml. vegetable oil
- 420 grams all-purpose flour
- 140 grams cocoa powder
- 10 grams baking soda
- 375 ml. lukewarm water
For the chocolate ganache:
- 400 grams of dark chocolate
- 375 ml. whipping cream
|The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan well.
- In a mixer bowl with a whipping attachment, whip eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla into an airy, light and somewhat foamy mixture.
- Add sour cream and oil and mix slowly at medium speed until they are absorbed in the mixture.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and slowly mix until almost uniform.
- Add water and mix slowly at medium speed until you get a completely uniform batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until it is very swollen, steady to the touch and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Using a long, serrated bread knife, straighten the top of the cake if necessary and slice the cake into two equal layers.
- Chop the chocolate and put in a bowl.
- Add cream and melt together in the microwave or over double-boiler until everything melts and you get a uniform and shiny chocolate ganache.
- Cool the ganache for 4-5 hours at room temperature until it reaches the texture of a thick paste. You can speed it up by cooling in the refrigerator and mixing every few minutes.
Assemble the cake:
- Place the first layer of cake on top of a serving plate and pour about 1/3 of the ganache on top of it. Surfaces it in a uniform layer using a palate knife.
- Place the top layer of the cake over the ganache and cover the cake with almost the remaining ganache – sides and top – in a uniform layer.
- Transfer the remaining of the ganache into a piping bag fitted with 1 cm serrated piping tip and decorate the top of the cake with chocolate ganache.
- Serve the cake at room temperature, so it is at its best texture.