Filipino Style Chicken Curry is cooked with coconut milk and this makes it creamier and more flavorful. Get the recipe and try it now!
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium potato – – cut into wedges
- 1 medium carrots – – cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic – – minced
- 1 small onion – – chopped
- 2 pounds chicken
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder – (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (400mL) coconut milk – (2 tablespoon powder dissolved in water)
- 1 medium green bell pepper – – cut into squares
- 1 piece fresh chili pepper – cut into 4-5 pieces (or dried chili flakes)
- Fry potato and carrots in oil until cooked and edges are lightly browned. Once done, remove from oil and then set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in the remaining oil over medium heat. Add chicken meat and sear each both sides for a minute.
- Add the fish sauce, curry powder, paprika powder, and ground pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, and let it simmer until sauce thickens. I like it really thick so I cook it a little longer.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and chili and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice or your favorite side.