PORK CHOPS AND HASH BROWN CASSEROLE RECIPE
I had forgotten about this recipe, until Camille reminded me that we would have it all the time growing up! I love casseroles because they are so easy to make and taste wonderful! I love that this recipe is a side and main dish in one. Doesn’t get much better than that!
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (6 ounce) container french fried onions (divided)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown pork chops in vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, melted butter, garlic powder, frozen hash browns, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and half the container of french fried onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 inch dish and rest pork chops on top.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and onions and baked uncovered for 5 additional minutes.