Ribeye Steaks With Mushroom Gravy is simple and delicious with a quick and easy homemade gravy made from scratch!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (yellow, white or brown), (sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves, (minced)
- 7 ounces (200 grams) brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth (or stock)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or pan (or barbecue) on high heat until just beginning to smoke. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent, then add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes until golden and beginning to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter in the skillet. Add flour and cook while stirring for 1 minute, allowing the flour to brown slightly.
- Slowly and gradually add in the beef broth (or stock), while stirring. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the steaks back into the gravy in the pan along with the juices on the plate OR serve steaks with the onion mushroom gravy on the side.