Ah, the delicious corned beef. It’s an amazing dinner, with it’s deep, complex flavors. It’s a family favorite around here, for so many reasons.
- 1 pound corned beef brisket leftovers
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded swiss or mozzerella cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Russian dressing
|Ruben In A Bowl (Low Carb, Keto)
- Cut the corned beef leftovers into 1 inch slices. Set aside.
- Chop the cabbage into 1/4″ strips.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat the sesame oil on medium high heat.
- Add the chopped cabbage, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Sautee for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn frequently with a pair of tongs to avoid burning.
- Place sauteed cabbage in bowl, and top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Heat the corned beef for 1 minute in the bottom of the hot pot.
- Layer the corned beef on top of the cabbage and cheese.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon Russian dressing over the top.