- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, caps wiped clean and cut 1/4″ thick
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1–1/2 cups chicken stock
- Pat the chicken dry, and lightly pound the chicken breast to an even layer using a meat mallet (or a metal ladle). Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter and olive oil, and cook the chicken on 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms, onions and wine to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are browned, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and flour, and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth to the mushroom mixture, scraping up the browned bits. Add the chicken back to the skillet, cover with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked thru to 165 degrees, about 5-10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent with foil.
- Source Blog>>https://www.tasteslovely.com/chicken-and-mushroom-fricassee/