LOW-CARB BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 1 tsp. Spike seasoning (optional but recommended, can also use any other spice blend you like with eggs)
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 5 links (19.5 oz.) uncooked turkey or pork Italian sausage
- 2 tsp. olive oil + 2 tsp. olive oil (more or less, depending on your pan)
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms (pre-sliced mushrooms make it easy, but rinse them before you slice if you’re not using those)
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese (pizza cheese that’s a blend of Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano, and Parmesan is also good in this)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, plus more to sprinkle over the top (optional but good)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, rinsed and drained
- 10 eggs, beaten until whites and yolks are well combined
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a large casserole dish (about 9″ x 13″) with non-stick spray.
- Add 2 tsp. olive oil to a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, squeeze turkey Italian sausage out of casings, and cook until sausage is done and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. I used the sharp side of a metal turner to break the sausage apart as it cooked. When sausage is done, spread out in a layer in the casserole dish.
- Wash mushrooms if needed, spin or pat dry, and slice (or use pre-sliced mushrooms). Heat another 2 tsp oil in the same frying pan and cook mushrooms until all liquid is released and evaporated and they’re starting to brown slightly. Layer mushrooms over the sausage in the casserole dish.
- Source Blog>>https://kalynskitchen.com/breakfast-casserole-recipe-with-sweet/