- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the pasta water. I use about 1 teaspoon salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta when it’s done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions, tomato, and avocado slices if wanted.
I have found that it works best to use some of the fresh salsa that you can find in the produce area of the grocery store, instead of the jarred salsa on the shelves. You of course can use the jarred salsa, I just think the fresh salsa tastes better and does not seem to have as much liquid in the salsa.